Visas to get a temporary residence permit in Russia
Visas to get a temporary residence permit in Russia are issued to foreign citizens on the basis of a written decision of a local office of the Ministry of the Interior of Russia (MVD of Russia) to issue to the applicant a temporary residence permit in the Russian Federation.
This visa is given for the period up to 4 months only for a single entry.
The decision of a local office of the MVD of Russia comes directly to the Russian Consulate from the local MVD office or can be provided by the applicant personally. The decision also specifies the address of the local MVD office where the foreign citizen needs to apply after entering Russia.
In order to get the decision of the MVD of Russia, the applicant has to strictly follow the requirements published on the web-site of the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Ministry of Interior of the Russian Federation.
Where to apply for a visa to get a temporary residence permit in Russia
The applicant is requested to send all the necessary documents by e-mail email@example.com to the Consular section for the verification. If everything is in order, the date and time of the reception of documents will be set by the Consular section and announced to the applicant. The applicant needs to come directly to the Russian Consulate to submit the documents.
The processing time for the issuance of a visa to get a temporary residence permit in Russia in the Consular section is from 3 working days till 20 calendar days.
All the information about visa fees is available on this web-page.
1. The Consular section is authorized to give visas only for the Russian Federation.
2. The Consular section does not accept any visa documents sent by post and never sends passports with visas by post.
3. The visa application is to be introduced not later than 8 calendar days and not earlier than 3 months before the trip to the Russian Federation.
4. All payments in the Consular section must be done only by bank cards. Cash money and other means of payment are not accepted.
5. The fee paid for a visa is not refundable.
6. When obtaining a passport with a visa, we recommend that you carefully check the personal data specified in the visa.
7. The law of the Russian Federation empowers the Consular section to refuse to issue any visa without explaining the reasons of the refusal.
8. Before you read the information about the required documents we recommend you to first make an appointment.
List of required documents
1. A written decision (original) of the MVD of Russia;
2. Travel passport (original). The passport must contain at least 2 blank visa pages and must be valid 6 months after the last day of the required visa validity;
3. Visa application form printed and signed personally by the applicant (Very important ! when the web-site asks to select the location where the applicant is going to submit documents, the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Netherlands OR the Visa Centre must be chosen – the choice depends on the place where the applicant has made his visa appointment);
4. 1 recent passport photo. The photo must be glued (not stapled!) on the visa application form;
5. Original and copy of a valid Dutch permanent residence permit (not required if the applicant is a citizen of the EU);
6. Original of HIV Test (AIDS) certificate made within the last three months. The HIV Test Certificate should be signed by a doctor and by the applicant and stamped by a medical organisation.
To be noted that the law of the Russian Federation empowers the Russian Consulate to refuse to issue any visa without explaining the reasons of the refusal.