Information on the implementation of the Tax Free System in the Russian Federation
Dear guests of the Russian Federation!
The system for the return of value added tax (Tax Free system) on the territory of the Russian Federation started to operate in the Russian Federation from April 2018.
Citizens of foreign states that are not members of the Eurasian Economic Union (EurAsEC - Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Russia) are authorized to return the paid value added tax.
To have the Tax Free service, you need to purchase goods from one retailer during one day for an amount not less than 10 thousand Russian rubles (131 euros), including tax from retail organizations approved by the Government of the Russian Federation.
Services for the return of value added tax are provided by some retailers located in the cities:
1. Saransk (Republic of Mordovia);
2. Kazan (Republic of Tatarstan);
3. The city of Sochi (Krasnodar Territory);
4. Volgograd (Volgograd region);
5. Kaliningrad (Kaliningrad region);
6. Krasnogorsk (Moscow region);
7. The city of Nizhny Novgorod (Nizhny Novgorod region);
8. Rostov-on-Don (Rostov region);
9. Samara (the Samara Region);
10. Yekaterinburg (Sverdlovsk region);
12. St. Petersburg.
VAT refund does not apply to excisable goods, including alcohol and tobacco products.
In order to receive compensation, the goods must be exported through the following checkpoints approved by the Government of the Russian Federation:
I. Car checkpoints
1. Mamonovo (Gzhehotki)
II. Air pass points
2. Vladivostok (Knevichi)
3. Volgograd (Gumrak)
4. Yekaterinburg (Koltsovo)
6. Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo)
7. Moscow (Vnukovo)
8. Moscow (Domodedovo)
9. Moscow (Sheremetyevo)
10. Nizhny Novgorod (Strigino)
11. Rostov-on-Don (Platov)
12. Samara (Kurumoch)
13. St. Petersburg (Pulkovo)
III. Maritime checkpoints
16. The Big Port of St. Petersburg
18. Passenger Port of St. Petersburg
Individuals will be able to apply for tax refund within one year from the date of purchase of goods, provided they are exported within three months from the date of acquisition.
For more detailed information you are welcome to the web-sites of the operators of Tax Free in Russia:
1. HI.SKY (http://hiskytaxfree.com/);
2. Global Blue (http://www.globalblue.com/);
3. Premier Tax Free (https://premiertaxfree.ru/).